Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Almost a week later.

Geez, I apologize for the delay in the postings. I didn't realize it has been almost a full week since my last one. Let me see if I can bring you all up to speed.

Pregnancy:
Margo and I went for her 18 week check up yesterday. It looked like the baby has enormous feet, and the baby weighs a whopping 7 ounces! I don't think we need to start worrying about baby diets just yet. As for Margo she has actually LOST one pound since her last check-up. She was pretty sick, and the doctor is not worried at all about it, but who would have thought that a good way to lose weight was to get pregnant?!
We do have new ultrasound pictures, but the baby was moving around a lot, so I don't think the technician could get a good shot. The pictures from the 12 week ultrasound are a little clearer. I will still try to put one or two up later tonight.

Travel Plans:
As of right now (Tuesday, 11:30am), the snow is still two states away, but they tell us it's coming. Margo and I are planning on driving to Scranton on Friday evening, then to Mechanicsburg on Saturday morning. Apparently the Cavada boys are challenging me to a game of Cosmic Catch. I don't know what that game is, but with my superior athletic ability, I am confident I will quickly pick it up...and be VICTORIOUS!

Recently:
This past Saturday Margo and I met some friends for dinner in Boston's famous "North End". Of course we got Italian food, and it was delicious. If you ever travel up here, I recommend the restaurant, it's called Piccolo Nido. For those that aren't fluent in Italian, that means "Little Nest". After dinner we walked to Mike's Pastry Shop and got 2 large black & white cookies. We didn't need the dessert, but it seemed like all of the restaurants emptied into this shop, so we followed the crowd. We finally made it to our last destination, Improv Asylum. Again, if you are ever visiting Boston, or if you live in the area and want to do something fun and different, I highly recommend the comedy show. I must admit that I think the group I performed with was funnier, and even more creative, but I might be a little biased. Regardless, they were funny, and it was a good time.

WiWo:
The 10 pound mark officially fell this morning. I had lost 10 pounds and 4 ounces so far. Unfortunately, the dining hall is serving chicken patties for lunch today, so just liked a dropped basketball, my weight might bounce back up.

Speaking of Basketball:
We lost last night, and that clearly continued our streak of inconsistency. We lost last Friday, won on Saturday, then lost last night. We have a game against the best team in the league tomorrow night, then our last regular season game is next Thursday against a team that beat us a few weeks ago. After that we just have a one-day "tournament" which is actually the league playoffs. We are in the "B Pool" which really means it is the loser's bracket. We have no chance of being league champions, but we could end up with 14 wins for the season, which would be more than double last year's total.

In Random news:
1) For most of the school year, the girls in my dorm have let me know that they don't like me because I am "too strict". Well the last two weeks have seen a dramatic turn-around, and I am now their "favorite" houseparent. Four of them even watched movies and ate popcorn in our apartment on Friday night. I knew that with time, they would love me as much as I do.

2) I think Victoria (Ed and Tammy's girl) has a mad crush on me. Whenever I am around, she can not look at me enough. It doesn't matter who else is in the room, unless someone is intentionally getting her attention, I am the focus of her stare. I think this makes the others jealous, but that's how most girls looked at me through high school and college, so I'm flattered, but used to it.

3) It's lunch time, and those chicken patties don't stay warm forever. I gotta go.

So until next time everyone.....

No comments: