Tomorrow is my last day for this week. Can I get a WooWOOO!?!?
I am off Thursday, Friday and Monday because we are going to a wedding on Martha's Vineyard. Try to contain your jealousy.
Baby News:
Did you notice the new picture? While it is still not the HUGE belly we were expecting for Margo, it is certainly larger than a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunatley asI write this I can hear Margo coughing, dry heaving and puking in the bathroom...could be a reason for the smallish belly.
The baby is really getting active, especially at night as Margo tries to relax before bed. It bumps and pushes, and is just generally 'busy' for hours at a time. I hope that doesn't mean the baby will be a creature of the night. I still expect the baby to fall asleep around 9pm and sleep soundly until about 6am each day.
Even bigger news is that we completed a thrilling "Birthing Class" this weekend. It was 11 hours, spread over 2 days, of pure, boring jibberish. I hate to be so critical, but the whole weekend was summed up with:
"After 40 weeks of being pregnant, you have a baby. One way or another that baby is coming out. We can do some things to make you more comfortable, or make the birth quicker, but in the end, you'll have to put up with some pain and you'll be rewarded with a new baby."
**UH-OH, the shower is running. Margo's episode must not have ended pretty.**
I'm still limping around:
So I had another doctor's appointment today about my leg and back. After doing a few tests in person to determine just how much pain I am in (which seems to be a large amount), they have put me on two medicines. One of them is a steroid to help with the bulging disc, and the other is Vicadin to try and 'take the edge off the pain'.
The steroid treatment is 2 weeks long, but if there is no improvement by Monday when I call the doctor back, I will stop that treatment and go for a higher dose steroid injection in my spine. I would also have to go to the Spinal Center for some check-up. If the injection doesn't help, the next step would be physical therapy and finally surgery if nothing else helps. I am keeping my fingers crossed, and as of now my goal is to be able to dance and stand during the wedding reception on Sunday. According the the PA many people feel the steroids working within 48-72 hours.
I think that's it for tonight. If Margo comes up with anything to add, I may be back on here, but for now I am calling it a night.
Have a good rest of the week!
P.S. - One box of pretzels gone, just one more to go. Do you think FedEx will ship pretzels?
1 comment:
No --Fed Ex will not be responsible for shipping pretzels! You will have to make box #2 last until the week after July 19!!! Until that time, EAT MORE FRUIT. ha! ha!
Post a Comment