Friday, September 14, 2007

What a response.

I guess a guy can't catch a break around here. I mean first the Patriots get fined and penalized for a little cheating scandal, then my "loyal" readers get all chippy and upset that I am not updating this blog enough. What's next? Accusing an innocent man like OJ Simpson of some silly crime just to get him arrested? (Check the news if this one is over your head)

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who came up for Maggie's Christening! We thought it was a fun weekend, and it is a good thing Andrew prayed for nice weather so the kids could get a second day of swimming in. If you have not seen any pictures, send Margo or I an email and we will forward some along. Video will hopefully be ready after this weekend too.

It has been a busy week since everyone left on Monday, but it was a lot of boring stuff so I won't waste your time with all of that. Let me tell you about the baby...

1) Maggie has discovered her thumb! Really it is any finger, and sometimes multiple fingers. This new 'habit' is making feeding and diaper changing a little more difficult.
2) Also making things difficult is the fact that she is eating more which, of course = more diaper volume shall we say?
Well, I had to pick Maggie up at the restaurant on Wednesday night because Margo was waitressing. I walked in and saw that she was in a different outfit from the morning. Before I could make a comment Margo handed me a closed up paper, "take-out" bag and said, "When you get home can you put this in the sink and run some cold water over it." Ignorantly I asked "The bag? Or whatever is in it?" Margo just laughed and said "Yeah there is a litte present in it for you." Oh goody! A present for me?? It's not my birthday or anything.
So I put the bag into the car, and when I got home I brought it in but let it sit near the sink for a little while. A short time later I walked back into the kitchen with Maggie in my arms and was figuratively punched in the nose and mouth with an odor I have not experienced before.
Quickly realizing the mean trick that was played on 'Daddy' I pulled Maggie's morning outfit out and actually said "Oh my God??!" out loud to nobody. Well the kitchen sink is where we prepare food so I rushed the mess to the bathroom sink and tried to rinse away the mud...not enough water pressure...QUICK turn on the bath tub full blast and set it to cold! In a matter of moments the tub looked like a small pond that was almost dried up in summer, but still had enough liquid to make it messy. Twenty minutes later I was able to shut the water off (we don't pay for it) and I just left the outfit there to drain. It's still there, but in the back of the tub because we have not had the EPA in to test it yet.
3) She continues to sleep really well. We fed her at 8pm last night, then put her to bed around 9:00. She slept soundly until 4:00 when she needed changed. (Just pee luckily). She then fed and went back down until almost 7am. That is a typical night for her so we can't complain. There is another famiy on campus who's 9.5 month old daughter still sleeps in their bed with them all night, and doesn't actually sleep. They said she is up every couple of hours. Here''s a hint from an inexperienced new parent: PUT HER IN A CRIB!!

Last hurrah!:
Today is Margo's last day home with Maggie and she is not happy about it. On Monday Margo has to return to work which will put the baby into her daycare routine. I'm sure everything will be fine, but we worry that she will not be as academically developed as the older children. Most of them are at least 12-15 months old. Let's hope she doesn't cause much trouble. You all know how fussy she can be.

And finally, another busy weekend coming up:
I am on duty in the dorm so I won't get much sleep. Between the Maggie and the other babies that live in our building, I should have plenty to occupy my time.

OK, it just got busy her so I have to go. I hope this satisfies all of you blog scavengers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will the Patsies be sending the Super Bowl trophy they stole from the Eagles. We knew all along something was rotten in Boston and it was not Maggie's diaper. Apologies will not be accepted. Simply forward the trophy to the city of "Brotherly Love."

Anonymous said...

Please, no more complaining about the kids being back in school and how difficult it is to get to the BLOG. You're sooo Busy. Wake up!!! We all have jobs and responsibilities and we keep all the other Blogs moving. On other things, it appears the fightin's still have a pulse and the Red Sox have been removed from life support. Go TIGERS... catch those Yankees for the Wild Card and let those Bostonians Sleep in Peace.

Anonymous said...

HOW LONG MUST HER PUBLIC WAIT FOR PICTURES OF BOSTON'S BEAUTIFULIST BABY????? Her adoring fans are waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting...patience is wearing thin!!!

C'mon, Daddy...share her with the rest of the world. How long can it take to load 40 or 50 pictures???