Sunday, October 28, 2007

November already?!?

I can't believe it is almost November. Maggie has been home for over 4 months already. During those first couple of weeks it seemed like the holidays were sooo far away and we'd be tired forever. Feedings every two hours, changing five minutes after every feeding...oh how things have changed for us.

So Girly:
I found this blog template and thought it was "girly" enough for Maggie. And she is definitely becoming more of a girl every day. Batted eyelashes get a girl lots of things...luckily at this age all she ever really wants is food or to be walked around the room or to be played with and sung to. If she were older, say 16 or so, she'd have a new car, cool clothes, really anything she wanted. We are now working on breaking this habit, but Margo is quite the sucker and has a lot of work to do.

In other Maggie news:
She has a cold or something. The past 2-3 days she developed an unhealthy sounding cough and sneezing fits. She is also cranky and crying a lot more than usual. She is scheduled to see her doctor on Friday for a routine check-up, but we might call on Monday and ask if we should come in sooner. I'll let you all know.
SHE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!! Can I get a woo-woo?! Her typical evening meal is between 7:30 and 8:30, and for the last 5 nights she has been sleeping until at least 5:30am. Doctors say that a baby who sleeps from midnight - 5:00am is "sleeping throughthe night". So maybe she is closer to hibernating, but at least we are able to get some sleep ourselves. Twice we have had to wake her up around 7:00am just to get her ready and fed for the morning. She turns more into her father every day. (so proud)
One theory as to why she is sleeping longer is that we have introduced rice cereal to her diet. IT is not the mmost appetizing stuff but she can't wait to get that spoon in her mouth once she sees it coming. OK maybe it doesn't all get into her mouth but enough.
Don't worry, this picture was taken while she sat on the table in her Bumbo, but since then we got the recall notice and have not had her in the Bumbo on any elevated surfaces - as instructed.

They are predicting a warm winter:
And it's a good thing because mine could be tough.
1) The Red Sox should win the World Series tonight - someone call the Rockies and tell them they have to at least come to the the park and sit in the stands or FOX TV won't pay them their cut of the advertising revenue. What does a Red Sox World Series mean to me? For starters I can no longer listen to the radio while I am in the car or watch the news to find out what is actually going on in the World.

2) It is half-time of the Patriots vs. Redskins game and the Pats are up 24-0! The NFC East is really impressing the New England fans at this point of the season. Thank goodness I live with the world's cutest Eagles fan!



Does anyone think she looks like a young Paul Cavada? I see a resemblance.



3) The Celtics and Bruins are also winning which would extend the misery through the winter.

HEY PHILLY SPORTS TEAMS - GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER, I NEED SOME HELP UP HERE!!

Pictures and other info:
I tried to add several new photos to the blog. I took the older photos off but still have them if you want to see them.
The next post will be this weekend after Maggie's doctor appointment, unless she goes in earlier in the week because of her cough.
That's it. Maggie is crying and Margo has been walking her since I sat down to start this post. I'll come back and add the pictures to the side once she goes to bed. Take Care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, isn't it?-- how much you have to write about when you have a little one in the house...and SHE CAN'T EVEN SIT, TALK OR WALK, yet!!! It won't be long, though--she'll give you lots more to talk about in the weeks & months to come! Keep posting, D.O.D.! I'm counting the days 'til T'giving weekend 'til we visit Miss Maggie, again. We DO love that little flirt!

nanny

Anonymous said...

No offense, but boys are not that PRETTY! She looks like a GIRL Eagles fan in that outfit--& there's nothing wrong w/that!

Love the pictures--amazing what 4 months can do!

Anonymous said...

Just wait until she gets to Sea Isle City with her Speedo Bikini.
I can see her Golden Shade of Tan while she's sitting on the pier with her best friend, just fishing. Of course, having a few Yuengling also.