I was going to throw a big party for #100, but it quietly passed us by so feel free to celebrate in your own way.
I Feel Great:
I am willing to say that my surgery was a complete success. The surgeon said he was confident that I would have "at least a 75-85% decrease in pain. Well if I had to measure it, I think I am about 102% better. Other than a little soreness around the incision site, I have no discomfort. I can sit for extended periods of time, and I am anxious and willing to walk across campus or around a store. These were things I dreaded most for the past 2 years. The pain would come on so fast and so strong that I hated the thought of having to walk anywhere. All of my school co-workers have been very supportive as I slowly get back into the routine. A couple of ladies have actually told me that I look less stressed and "more calm". All good things I guess.
And What About Miss Maggie?:
She is starting to walk!! She is getting better and more balanced every day, but Maggie can finally take a few steps without any help. Each night Margo and I sit on the floor about 6 feet from each other - I'm sure ALL parents have found themselves in this position with a child in between them - but we do it and stand MAggie up and she will take the 4, 5, or 6 steps then collapse onto our laps in a mound of giggles. The she immediately says "Up" and once we stand her up she will start saying "walk, walk, walk, then take steps back across the gap. We are trying to capture the steps on video, so maybe tomorrow I can post a short clip. The best part about Maggie is that she has started playing by herself. She will talk to her dolls, or she will sit quietly a "read" a book by herself. Sometimes it is upside down, but at least she is trying. In fact so far this summer Maggie has read more books than her father! Here is a picture from the other night when Maggie wanted to follow Margo out the door when she left:
So I guess that is all we have for now. The students are back on campus so we can say good bye to the quiet dorm on weekends. The good news about students returning is that it always means football is starting. The last prediction I heard about the NFL was an Eagles vs. Patriots re-match in the SuperBowl. I don't remember who made the prediction, but he even went on to say "I think McNabb finally gets his ring this year." Wow! Something to look forward to I guess. OK, I will try to get a Maggie video on here ASAP, but until then...Good Bye and Take Care!
No comments:
Post a Comment