Monday, October 20, 2008

Bring on the Rays!

The Phillies are in the World Series, and it only took a few extra days to find out their opponent. It was quite obvious that once the Phightin' Phils clinched the NL pennant, the Tampa Bay Rays and Boston Red Sox got scared. Neither team wanted to win anymore because they were both afraid of the impending beat-down. How else do you explain Tampa Bay going up 3-1 (easily) then suddenly forgetting how to win? As for the Red Sox last two wins: they were just to make Manny Ramirez sweat it out more in L.A.
But finally the match-up is set and Wednesday night will bring the start of another Fall classic. Around Boston, the television stations, radio stations and the people I talked to are saying it could be one of the lowest rated World Series' in history...I say that is because the sore losers from Boston won't be watching. And since they firmly believe they are the center of the sports universe, well you know what I am saying.
Yet the Phillies are in with the Rays, and you can be sure of one thing: HOME RUNS. Tampa Bay hit 16 in their series with Boston, and the Phillies led baseball with the most homers. I think that will bring in viewers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is "Miss Piggy" a Phillies Phan?
She SURE IS CUTE!!! I'll bet she gets LOTS of candy on Trick or Treat night (for Daddy!)

The Witch is IN

Anonymous said...

Only those with mental deficiencies will NOT be watching the series. There will be no talk of Green Monsters or the House that Ruth built. This will be baseball at it's finest. Of course, I grew up in Phila. but I have family in Tampa Bay. I can't lose. I might make games in both cities. If there is a day in between games, I can drive. Can you say "Interstate Series"?

Anonymous said...

That is one cute pig!!

Have no doubt that Aiden will make us watch every game of the series!

Go Phillies!!!

Anonymous said...

15 years from now Maggie is going to give you two a "Tongue Lashing" for making her wear that costume...but she does look cute!
Go Phils!