Friday, November 7, 2008

Why hasn't this been updated?

I apologize for not putting anything up on this blog in several days (over two weeks really!) I have just been very busy with work and some travel and playing on the floor with Maggie that this fell to the back of my mind. I am on here today thogu hand I will try to make this a meaningful update. Let's get started...

Ms. Maggie:
If you have not seen Maggie in the past couple of weeks then you are missing ou ton a lot of good stuff. She is still insisting on crawling more than walking, but she is trying hard and getting much better and more stable on her feet. In the last week however her biggest strides have been made in talking and vocabulary. Just this mornin gwe were at the breakfast table looking through a picture book, and Margo and I were amazed to hear all the words she can 'say'. After finishing breakfast Margo went into the bathroom to check her hair and Maggie wiggled off my lap and said, "Momma comin," and she hustled after Margo. I think she was saying "Mommy I'm coming with you." It was very cute.
Maggie has also fallen in love with a certain stringed instrument that is familiar to our family: the guitar. As you probably know I can't play a lick of the thing, but I pull it out every few days and strum the strings for Maggie. Well that is no longer good enough. She will now insist that I lay the guitar down so she can kneel over it and strum it herself. If she ever sees it propped up against the couch she will walk or crawl over, grab it with two hands and carefully lower it to the ground so she can play her music. It is sad but she is as good, if not better than me already.








Work:
I just got back from a business trip to New York City. The conference was boring and not very informative, but the city was a good time. I saw TWO broadway shows, Avenue Q and Spamalot. They were both very funny, and the tickets were 50% off, so they were reasonably priced. Did I mention that Spamalot has a former American Idol contestant in it? I don't know if you ever heard of Clay Aiken, but he was in it. He was not the lead, but he did play several roles.
Also, I did a lot of walking around the city. Now that my back and legs are feeling good I am able to get out and do things. If I had gone to NYC last year I would have spent most of the time in a cab or my hotel room.

Thanksgiving and Christmas:
We are planning on travelling to PA for the upcoming holidays. We will probably leave Wednesday before thanksgiving and drive to Scranton, then to the 'Burg on Thursday.

Well I hope this was enough information for now. I have to go conduct another interview.

4 comments:

The Becklets said...

OMG! I love Maggie's hair! So cute. Does Chris know you saw Spamalot with Clay Aiken?? She will be so jealous! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me... Maggie is growing up quickly. Apparently she must have outgrown all her Phila. Phillies/Eagles wear since I don't see any on her body. Let me know. I will have the latest in Phila. Phashions forwarded to her immediately.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little lady! Aiden can't wait to play with her at Thanksgivig...since he will be almost 2 months old by then and he was only hours old the last time she saw him!

Anonymous said...

Could Miss Maggie get any CUTER?

Now that she's talking & can say MY name, I expect we will be calling each other to catch up on stuff!

Our "Boston Babe" is SOOOO beautiful, SOOOO smart and SOOOO LOVED by her "Pennsylvania Pals"!
We are all looking forward to T'giving...white meat or dark?

nanny d