Uncle Michael with Kate and Anna...or is it Anna and Kate??

Maggie with her cousins. I think these three will be trouble someday.

One of Maggie's favorite presents was her Elmo.

Maggie was a great present for us again this year.
Now the actual post.
It has been a busy couple of weeks for the Dornisch family. If you are a family member, then you know about the travelling and the events, but for those not fortunate enough to be related to us, let me bring you up to speed.
Ouch that looks like it hurt:
You have probably heard someone say "Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday." Well our Holiday season has been anything but safe and healthy. On Sunday, December 21st, we attended the annual McLaughlin Holiday party. Everything was somewhat typical, until there was a little accident. Our nephew, Luca, got his hand pinched in the folding mechanism of a recliner and cut his finger badly. Due to the snow storm we were having, they decided to call an ambulance to the house rather than try to drive to the hospital. Several stitches later and the "Nine-Finger Ninja" is doing much better. (The nickname is not literal since he didn't actually lose a finger.)
Not to be outdone, I had my own incident the very next morning. The previously mentioned snowstorm dumped several inches of the slippery white stuff on eastern MAssachusetts. In a brilliant move my school/employer decided to open 2 hours late, but they failed to notify everyone of this information. The delay was meant to allow our Grounds Crew a chance to clear the walkways, roads, etc. Since I didn't get the message I went into the office at 8:00am. Once I finally got the message - at 9:15am - I decided to head home for a few minutes to grab a drink and just stretch my legs...BAD MOVE BUDDY.
I was lying on my back in a lot of pain and cursing the administrators when I came to the realization that my 'boots' were not very good in the snow. That's right, I wiped out on the ice/snow. My initial concern was that I landed directly on my tailbone which is just a few inches from my surgery scar. After dusting myself off I felt a great pain in my wrist. After talking with my HR director and filing an injury report I had to drive myself to the Emergeny uRoom for an x-ray. The test came back negative for a break, but the bad sprain I received is still causing me a lot of discomfort.
DID YOU THINK I WAS DONE? NOT EVEN CLOSE:
Later that night we were watching TV and Maggie was playing when she felt and her knee buckled. This was a terrible sight. She began crying and when I picked her up her lower leg was just dangling. She was saying "walk, walk, walk" so I put her down and she fell again...and again. Her kneww was bent at a funny angle when she tried to put pressure on her legs. In my non-medically trained opinion I thought she had dislocated her knee. We rushed HER to the emergency room. A couple of hours later they told us that it was possibly a "muscle strain". No way. It was dangling and limp and she couldn't straighten it. Thank God that she was and is fine, but it was very scary. So that was two separate trips in one day!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:
I even have pictures to prove this one. After a lovely trip tp Pennsylvania for Christmas we came home and were hoping to have a relaxed New Year's. Well on Tuesday we noticed a couple of small red dots on Maggie's leg. Wednesday morning the spots had multiplied and she had larger blotches on her behind. Once again we had to call the doctor and ask, and once again we were in the middle of a snow storm and the doctor's office was closing early. They told us it was probably just a viral infection rash. "Call us if it gets any worse." Famous last words, huh? It got worse. We went to Tammy and Ed's for New Year's and Maggie's body blew up with these spots and her face, stomach, back, legs, arms...everything was covered in this rash. She was uncomfortable all night, but the doctor had said "Don't give her any medicine, it will go away in 1-2 days." Thursday morning it was still bad so we called again and were told the same thing. Thursday night it was even worse to the point that Maggie's arms and neck were swelling. Finally they said "Try some Benadryl". We did and it worked for a while. On Friday morning we called again, as directed by the nurse, and they told us to come in and see a doctor.
Once again, Maggie has pulled through and today she is clear, but it was ugly. Look at these pictures:
Ouch that looks like it hurt:
You have probably heard someone say "Have a safe, healthy and happy holiday." Well our Holiday season has been anything but safe and healthy. On Sunday, December 21st, we attended the annual McLaughlin Holiday party. Everything was somewhat typical, until there was a little accident. Our nephew, Luca, got his hand pinched in the folding mechanism of a recliner and cut his finger badly. Due to the snow storm we were having, they decided to call an ambulance to the house rather than try to drive to the hospital. Several stitches later and the "Nine-Finger Ninja" is doing much better. (The nickname is not literal since he didn't actually lose a finger.)
Not to be outdone, I had my own incident the very next morning. The previously mentioned snowstorm dumped several inches of the slippery white stuff on eastern MAssachusetts. In a brilliant move my school/employer decided to open 2 hours late, but they failed to notify everyone of this information. The delay was meant to allow our Grounds Crew a chance to clear the walkways, roads, etc. Since I didn't get the message I went into the office at 8:00am. Once I finally got the message - at 9:15am - I decided to head home for a few minutes to grab a drink and just stretch my legs...BAD MOVE BUDDY.
I was lying on my back in a lot of pain and cursing the administrators when I came to the realization that my 'boots' were not very good in the snow. That's right, I wiped out on the ice/snow. My initial concern was that I landed directly on my tailbone which is just a few inches from my surgery scar. After dusting myself off I felt a great pain in my wrist. After talking with my HR director and filing an injury report I had to drive myself to the Emergeny uRoom for an x-ray. The test came back negative for a break, but the bad sprain I received is still causing me a lot of discomfort.
DID YOU THINK I WAS DONE? NOT EVEN CLOSE:
Later that night we were watching TV and Maggie was playing when she felt and her knee buckled. This was a terrible sight. She began crying and when I picked her up her lower leg was just dangling. She was saying "walk, walk, walk" so I put her down and she fell again...and again. Her kneww was bent at a funny angle when she tried to put pressure on her legs. In my non-medically trained opinion I thought she had dislocated her knee. We rushed HER to the emergency room. A couple of hours later they told us that it was possibly a "muscle strain". No way. It was dangling and limp and she couldn't straighten it. Thank God that she was and is fine, but it was very scary. So that was two separate trips in one day!
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:
I even have pictures to prove this one. After a lovely trip tp Pennsylvania for Christmas we came home and were hoping to have a relaxed New Year's. Well on Tuesday we noticed a couple of small red dots on Maggie's leg. Wednesday morning the spots had multiplied and she had larger blotches on her behind. Once again we had to call the doctor and ask, and once again we were in the middle of a snow storm and the doctor's office was closing early. They told us it was probably just a viral infection rash. "Call us if it gets any worse." Famous last words, huh? It got worse. We went to Tammy and Ed's for New Year's and Maggie's body blew up with these spots and her face, stomach, back, legs, arms...everything was covered in this rash. She was uncomfortable all night, but the doctor had said "Don't give her any medicine, it will go away in 1-2 days." Thursday morning it was still bad so we called again and were told the same thing. Thursday night it was even worse to the point that Maggie's arms and neck were swelling. Finally they said "Try some Benadryl". We did and it worked for a while. On Friday morning we called again, as directed by the nurse, and they told us to come in and see a doctor.
Once again, Maggie has pulled through and today she is clear, but it was ugly. Look at these pictures:
Even with this malady Maggie was having a nice break. Here she is enjoying some cheesy popcorn:
On Friday night Daddy and Maggie were both well enough to play "dress-up":


After all of this, I am feeling tired, so I will add a few more pictures and head to bed.
Bye for now.







3 comments:
Do they have "Child Abuse" laws in MA. I feel a law suit coming on from a grandfather. Take care of the cargo!!!
LOVE HER!!!
I heard the new thing is having "Princess Parties" & going to "Princess Camp"...can you believe it? Maybe you could look into a Massachusetts franchise!? You've got your first 3 princesses booked already & Michael, you could be the Head Prince (or Princess, if you prefer). This could turn into something.......hm.......
nanny 11
Geez! I can't believe you can't tell Anna and Kate apart yet. In the top picture, you have Anna on the left and Kate on the right. In the picture with the beer...Anna. What did we do before all of these cousins were born? Can't wait to see you guys again. We need to start planning out trip to Boston.
Post a Comment