Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saint Patrick's Day!!

Margo and I are heading out early to get our drink on! That's right, the McKendry's are meeting a group of the McLaughlins and the McGowans out for lunch and maybe some green beers. Could be a looong day, or we might be home in 3 hours ready for a nap. Look for pictures on the blog later this week. Here's one for now though...it's my green socks! I don't know where I got them, but I think they are the same pair that I wore to a Trinity (high school) playoff game at Hershey Arena. For those that didn't know me then, it was 16 years ago. I think they have held up pretty well for almost 2 decades.

Enjoy your day!!


Baby News:

Margo had her 22 week check-up on Thursday, and things are going OK. Oddly, she has only gained 4 pounds so far for the pregnancy, and while the Doctor was clearly not concerned with this issue, they are going to have Margo in for an ultrasound at her 28 week appointment. We'll have to let you know more after that.

The doctor did say that the baby seems very "active". In fact when they were poking Margo's stomach with the Doppler thing the baby seemed to rush over to it and push (or kick) against the stomach in that spot. Maybe it is an Irish baby and it was just playing "paddy cake". Get it? Paddy cake for St. Patty's day.


How are your brackets?

Margo and I both have our March Madness brackets filled out, and sadly, she is beating me after the first round of games. We are both doing pretty well though. Margo picked 27 of 32 correctly, and I went 25 for 32. And for what it's worth, we both picked the winner of the play-in game between Niagara and Florida A&M.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brackets, did you say Brackets?? NEVER BET WITH YOUR HEART, ONLY BET WITH YOUR HEAD. I picked Duke and N.D. Now I must heed my own advice. Don't get me going. Oh Yeah, nice to hear about the baby and the Green Socks.

Anonymous said...

If I am not mistaken, I believe that I gifted you with those socks when you were @ THS! Next year, I'll have to look for a teeny-weeny pair for baby "D"!

How was Boston's St. Patrick's Celebration? Were you home EARLY or did it last ALL DAY?

I cannot believe that you are in baby week #23! Can't wait for the little one....

....speaking of "little ones", are you in the WIWO, or not?

Anonymous said...

Them are some biiiiiiiiiig feet.