It has been a long week for me, and it is only Wednesday. I apologize for not updating the blog sooner, but we had visitors this weekend and with a little girl as cute as Maggie, I can't put her down long enough to write anything.
Here we go though...
I will start by sending a BIG thank you to the Geisel family. Chris, Dave, McKenna and Jope came up to Beantown for a quick visit and we had a lot of fun. On Wednesday night there was a little "camp-in" right in our living room. You can see in the picture on the right that McK and Hopie were all smiles in the tent. It was so cool that even Dave spent a few hours dozing on the floor.
On Thursday I had to work in the morning but the afternoon was spent at Le Spa de Pear Tree lounging by the pool and enjoying delicious sandwiches...no, we did not have creamy ham! Thursday night we relaxed because on Friday we had a big day planned. Once again I worked in the morning and when I was done we headed in to the city for a visit to the Boston Children's Museum. I thought it was a lot of fun, and to no one's surprise Dave got himself involved in the Children's Playhouse presentation of The 3 Little Pigs. (see picture)
Friday night was a delicious dinner at a Mexican restaurant (Maggie's favorite spot), and then on Saturday morning I joined the Guy-Zells for a yummy buffet breakfast at their hotel. Chris and Dave, Thanks again for picking up my tab.
Sadly the fun had to end, but it was good for Maggie to meet her first cousins from PA. She is still talking about those fun cowgirl hats. Well actually she makes a sound that sounds like a horse, and I think she is trying to talk about the weekend.
I have other pictures from the weekend, but I will be sending those on the Kodak Gallery because I don't want to overload the blog page.
"How is Maggie" you ask?
Well she is just great. In the evenings she has started t get a little cranky, but with parents like us you would not want to fall asleep either. Actualy today we took her to the doctor for an impromptu appointment and the doc siad she is doing wonderfully. Her color is great, she is eating well, and everything is going fine. Speaking of eating well though did I mention that she now weighs 11 pounds 9 ounces?!?! In less than 2 months she has almost doubled her weight! My arms will be ripped by Christmas.
You can't really tell in any pictures yet but her hair is getting more and more red by the day, and the doctor told us he was certain that she will have blue eyes. Start planning your outfits for a redhead. What should we do for a Halloween costume?
Random other stuff:
Students return to campus in less than 3 weeks. I will fully admit that I am not ready for the summer to be over.
I don't think I wrote about my trip to a Red Sox game a couple of weeks ago. It was a brother-in-law outing so Ed, Tony, Elio and I went to the game thanks to tickets secured by Elio, Sr. Hey he knows a guy who once knew this guy who owed a guy a favor and he got us the tickets, or something like that. Well the night was fun, but I must have had the Avian Beer Flu or something because I started to feel all funny and I don't remember how we got home. The Red Sox won in dramatic fashion which made me feel worse.
And finally for tonight, Aunt Kiki (Kelly C.) came to visit last night. She drove all the way from 2 miles west of Middle-of-Nowhere, New Hampshire just to spend the night and hold Maggie. How thoughtful. And thanks for the pasta bowl set! I can't wait until Margo fills them with pasta...cooked I hope.
That's all I feel like writing for tonight. I have to get some sleep because you never know when that gas-passing angel who sleeps next to me will wake up screaming and crying to be changed and fed. If I don't do it ASAP, all the noise will wake up Maggie so I better be sharp. Hahahahahaha, oh that was too easy.
Good night everyone!!
3 comments:
A red haired girl (curly, I'm sure) would make a perfect ANNIE!! Please tell us who made the sandwiches at the pool... Hope and McKenna?? I can just see Chrissy Girl doing her life guard imitation (whistle and all). Remember, only three weeks until the little pumpkin gets a dunkin', we'll be there.
I agree w/Maggie: love Margo's new 'do!
Looks like the girls had fun @ Uncle Michael & Auntie Margo's house. Next time, Dad & I want the tent!!!
I must say: this family is producing some BEEAUUUTIFUL YOUNG LADIES!!! Keep up the good work, all.
As for Dave on stage...umm I'm not sure that's his comfort zone. The baseball diamond is probably more his "stage". But he's a good sport to get up there--Daddy's will do anything for their little girls, won't they?
YO!! Has Maggie started pre-school? It's been so long since this Blog has been updated, I sort of lost track. Where are the pictures?? Where are the updates on her physical maturation steps. (That means Ht, Wt, color of hair, etc). We understand that basketball has become her sport of preference. When is her first game? Updates, PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment