
Margo's Health: Margo is finally feeling better after a miserable week. Here is a recap, but I might leave out some details which she can add later.
Monday night she began to feel sick to her stomach and threw up. We assumed it was pregnancy-related, but it continued all through the night. In the morning her toilet attack changed from a squatting position, to a seated position, if you know what I mean. It was so bad, that she actually moved a folding chair into the bathroom so she could sit instead of kneel or squat over the bowl. She called off work, and called the doctor. It did not improve all day, and Tuesday afternoon (4:30ish) we went to the E.R. They began giving her I.V. fluids, and watched her temperature. We got a little scare when they tried to check on the baby via ultrasound, and could not find a heartbeat. Two nurses, one P.A. one doctor, 20 minutes, and a brand new machine later (literally, we watched them take the plastic off, and read the directions on how to turn it on), they were able to show us the breating heart. I even think I saw him/her do a somersault. About 5 hours after we arrived, they decided to admit her overnight and keep giving her fluids. They were concerned about Margo and the baby, and thought it would be best to allow her to sleep and stay on the I.V. I went back on Wednesday morning to pick her, and she has spent most of the past 2+ days on the couch or in bed sipping on liquids. Last night I made her a delicious grilled cheese sandwich which was her first solid food since Monday night.
Basketball: We had two games so far this week, and we have a third game tonight on the road. We lost both games so far, and will be without our 2 best players tonight because they were BOTH EJECTED from the last game. League rules state that they must sit out the following game, which means we could go 0-3 this week after going 3-0 last week. Consistently inconsistent, that is our team motto.
Why were they ejected, you ask. Well one couldn't keep his mouth shut, and got two Technical fouls, and the other decided to tackle a player from the other team into the bleachers, and was immediately tossed. Way to keep your cool, and use your heads boys.
Our game on Wednesday was so bad, and so embarrassing, that I had to write a letter of apology on behalf of the team to the Head of School at Concord Academy (the opponent). I was still so upset withthe team last night that I boycotted their practice, and just watched as they ran their own drills and plays...it was painful and ugly. I hope we don't get killed tonight, but if we do, it is our own fault.
WiWo: Nothing new to report yet this week. I have tried to be good, and even used my new hand weights during my workout this morning. Maybe I'll weigh myself over the weekend and let you all know Monday. As for my partner, he is suffering from the stomach bug that Margo had (along with Jessica, Tammy, Sandra and Pauline - good luck to the rest of us). I'm sure by now he is several pounds lighter than before the bug, the problem is that the only reason he is going into the bathroom right now is to "throw or go", and weighing himself is not a priority.
Other health issues: I had a physical for the first time in a long time this week, and I was in good shape. Of course he did point out my love handles, but the blood work came back good.
What will this weekend hold for us???
Monday night she began to feel sick to her stomach and threw up. We assumed it was pregnancy-related, but it continued all through the night. In the morning her toilet attack changed from a squatting position, to a seated position, if you know what I mean. It was so bad, that she actually moved a folding chair into the bathroom so she could sit instead of kneel or squat over the bowl. She called off work, and called the doctor. It did not improve all day, and Tuesday afternoon (4:30ish) we went to the E.R. They began giving her I.V. fluids, and watched her temperature. We got a little scare when they tried to check on the baby via ultrasound, and could not find a heartbeat. Two nurses, one P.A. one doctor, 20 minutes, and a brand new machine later (literally, we watched them take the plastic off, and read the directions on how to turn it on), they were able to show us the breating heart. I even think I saw him/her do a somersault. About 5 hours after we arrived, they decided to admit her overnight and keep giving her fluids. They were concerned about Margo and the baby, and thought it would be best to allow her to sleep and stay on the I.V. I went back on Wednesday morning to pick her, and she has spent most of the past 2+ days on the couch or in bed sipping on liquids. Last night I made her a delicious grilled cheese sandwich which was her first solid food since Monday night.
Basketball: We had two games so far this week, and we have a third game tonight on the road. We lost both games so far, and will be without our 2 best players tonight because they were BOTH EJECTED from the last game. League rules state that they must sit out the following game, which means we could go 0-3 this week after going 3-0 last week. Consistently inconsistent, that is our team motto.
Why were they ejected, you ask. Well one couldn't keep his mouth shut, and got two Technical fouls, and the other decided to tackle a player from the other team into the bleachers, and was immediately tossed. Way to keep your cool, and use your heads boys.
Our game on Wednesday was so bad, and so embarrassing, that I had to write a letter of apology on behalf of the team to the Head of School at Concord Academy (the opponent). I was still so upset withthe team last night that I boycotted their practice, and just watched as they ran their own drills and plays...it was painful and ugly. I hope we don't get killed tonight, but if we do, it is our own fault.
WiWo: Nothing new to report yet this week. I have tried to be good, and even used my new hand weights during my workout this morning. Maybe I'll weigh myself over the weekend and let you all know Monday. As for my partner, he is suffering from the stomach bug that Margo had (along with Jessica, Tammy, Sandra and Pauline - good luck to the rest of us). I'm sure by now he is several pounds lighter than before the bug, the problem is that the only reason he is going into the bathroom right now is to "throw or go", and weighing himself is not a priority.
Other health issues: I had a physical for the first time in a long time this week, and I was in good shape. Of course he did point out my love handles, but the blood work came back good.
What will this weekend hold for us???
2 comments:
Glad to hear you're in good shape (for the shape you're in). The love handles WILL come off if you stay with the WIWO Program.
Glad to hear "Mommy's" feeling better. Enjoy your days off, Sweetie! Relax & enjoy Michael's gourmet grilled cheeses.
Hope the BASKETBALL week ends on a better note. Good luck!
I heard Elio lost 17lbs with that flu. Are you sure you dont want it???
Only kidding it is THE WORSE THING EVER
Post a Comment