Thursday, March 6, 2008

Is Spring on it's way?

The students are leaving campus for over two weeks, the sun has been out for 2 days straight, there is little snow visible anywhere, the long, grueling basketball season is over...all things point toward Spring, but do I dare get my hopes up? Since we are in New England, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for now and wait it out.

What happened to our little 6 pound baby??
Margo and I are still investigating, but we think that this person we call Maggie must have snuck into our home one night and ate Baby Maggie. That's the only explanation for what happened. At least this bigger and better Maggie is fun to be around.
She is not actually crawling yet, but she does have a quick drop step like her father and Poppy. And for those of you who were worried about her weight gain leveling off, fear no more. I have been introducing table food every chance I get (much to my wife's disapproval). This week Maggie thoroughly enjoyed french fries on multiple occassions, and she is becoming a fan of root beer we think. The bubbles make her eyes water, but she keeps reaching for more.
As you can see in most of the pictures, she has also developed a 6th sense for when and where the camera lens is pointing. On a normal night her head is on a swivel as she discovers and explores new sounds. Whenever the camera comes out though, her focus is more like Tyra Banks in front of the Paparazzi. She will stare at the lens, and no matter what noises we make, or how often we say her name she remains locked in like a tractor beam from Star Wars.

Here comes Peter Cottontail...
We plan on being in Pennsylvania for Easter. We hope to drive to Scranton on Thursday night and depending on a few factors (Birth of the Becklets, how tired we are, how Maggie is holding up, etc) we will continue on to M-burg Thursday night or some time on Friday. Regardless, we are looking forward to a lovely Easter at the new Trattoria Geisel.
For anyone in my family who might be reading this, PLEASE DO NOT BUY ME ANY CANDY CORN!! I am trying to eat healthier, and if I have a bag of that stuff I'll eat it on the ride home. I don't need it, so I don't want it. Thanks.

OK, I am trying to get some new pictures added, and the program is not cooperating. Must be a malfunction with the mechanism or something. I'll keep trying, but I have to get going.
Bye, take care.

2 comments:

sandra said...

I hope Maggie has her aunt's tremedous basketball skills when she grows up....it takes more than height to play, you know. For all of those not in the Boston area to see her, Miss Maggie is a delight to the eyes- you just want to roast her in the oven!

Anonymous said...

Just a tip for the commish of this Blog. Pretzels and diet coke are loved by all babies between the ages of 8 months and 82 years of age. After that they taper off.